A combination of our MatriLine and Y-Clan Classic DNA services from a single male sample.
Our MatriLine service establishes the personal link between you and your ancestral clan mother while our Y-Clan Classic service analyses your Y-chromosome DNA to establish the link between you and your ancestral paternal clan. Both services give details of your genetic fingerprint which can be compared to others on our searchable databases.
What will you receive?
- A readout of the relevant part of your mitochondrial chromosome (400 base pairs of DNA sequence).
- A full explanation of the scientific procedures that we used to generate your mitochondrial DNA sequence..
- A premium quality "Seven Daughters of Eve" certificate, signed by Prof. Sykes, identifying from which of the Seven Daughters you are descended.
- A premium quality "WorldClans" certificate, signed by Prof. Sykes, identifying where your ancestral mother fits into the Maternal Clans of the World.
- Free access to our on-line, MatriLine database with unlimited clan and DNA sequence searches.
- A fifteen-digit Y-Clan Cassic signature of your Y-chromosome.
- A full explanation of the scientific procedures that we used to generate your Y-Clan Classic signature.
- A premium quality “Paternal Clans” certificate, signed by Prof Sykes, identifying your ancient paternal clan.
- Information about your ancient paternal clan and its distribution in the current human population.
- Detailed instructions on the use of your Y-Clan Classic signature for genealogical research.
- Free access to our on-line, Y-Clan database with unlimited surname and DNA signature searches.
How long does it take?
We will despatch your Sampling Kit within 3-5 working days of receipt of your order. From the time we receive your DNA sample at the laboratory, it usually takes 4-6 weeks to complete the analysis and despatch the results.
We send your results as soon as they are ready, so your MatriLine and Y-Clan Classic certificates may not arrive at the same time.
Please enter the name of the DNA sample provider in the box below.