Our Y-Clan service analyses your Y-chromosome DNA (yDNA) to establish the link between you and your ancestral clan. Only men have Y-chromosome, so this analysis is only suitable for males.
What you will receive?
- A technical report of the 26 marker Y-Clan Classic signature of your Y-chromosome.
- A full explanation of the scientific procedures that we used.
- A premium quality “Paternal Clans” certificate, signed by Prof Sykes, identifying your ancient paternal clan.
- A full colour PatriMap showing the spread of the ancestral paternal clans.
- Information about your ancient paternal clan and its distribution in the current human population.
- Detailed instructions regarding the use of your Y-Clan signature for genealogical research.
- Free access to our on-line, Y-Clan database with unlimited searches
- We use the following 26 Y-chromosome markers: DYSs 19, 385a, 385b, 388, 389a, 389b, 390, 391, 392, 393, 425, 426, 437, 438, 439, 448, 456, 458, 481, 533, 540, 570, 576, 635, 643, GATAH4. Recently added markers are underlined.
How long does it take?
We will despatch your Sampling Kit as soon as we receiveyour order. Once we have received your DNA sample, it takes a 4-6 weeks for us to analyse your sample and despatch your results certificates to you.
Please enter the name of the DNA sample provider in the box below.